Why Online Video is the Future of Content Marketing.
Key Points/Direct Quotes:
• According to Cisco, by 2017, video will account for 69% of all consumer Internet traffic,
• With online video quickly becoming a key means for people to satisfy their information and entertainment needs, small businesses that fail to include it in their internet marketing strategies will do so at their peril.
• Various studies show more than half of companies are already making use of the medium – a figure that’s predicted to rise as more and more realise the possibilities.
• When it comes to potential reach, video is peerless. YouTube receives more than one billion unique visitors every month – that’s more than any other channel, apart from Facebook. One in three Britons view at least one online video a week – that’s a weekly audience of more than 20 million people in the UK alone.
• Axonn Research found seven in 10 people view brands in a more positive light after watching interesting video content from them.
• If a picture paints 1,000 words then one minute of video is worth 1.8 million, so say Forrester’s researchers.